DaaS in a Box
As the containment response to COVID-19 leads to quarantined cities, enforced social distancing, as well as office and school closures, its impact on the way we work and interact with others has been disruptive.
COVID-19 is likely to have far-reaching consequences well into the future, with many people already accepting and adopting remote working as a new way of staying relevant and productive.
In support of this move to working remotely to help curb the virus, we at Altron Managed Solutions have expanded our Field Services to support the home-office scenario, by helping to deliver a secure and managed environment when coupled with our Simplis.IT service.
DaaS is an innovative service enhanced by Simplis.IT – our Remote Monitoring and Management (RMM) application. DaaS (or Device as a Service) combines hardware, software, lifecycle management and financing into an all-in-one solution for business clients, with a predictable monthly spend, per device, per month, for a fixed period of three or five years, thus steering customers from a Capex to an Opex based model.
It is a flexible, all-inclusive offering that encompasses multiple vendors with tiered offerings that can be customised to an organisation’s needs. Whether it be a laptop, PC, printer, POS device etc, we will stage, deliver and install the device on-site and ensure that any necessary data is transferred from the customer’s old device to the new.
We will also configure the device and keep track of it during its lifecycle, all while adhering to an agreed SLA should it require updates, maintenance or repairs – in this case, a call would need to be logged with our 24/7 service desk where one of our 500-plus technicians will be dispatched.
- Predictable budget planning and monthly expenditure (3 to 5 year terms)
- Full lifecycle management, including deployment and decommissioning
- Reduced IT effort to manage computing needs*
- Accelerated PC refresh keeps end-users up to date with the most relevant technology
- Customer can choose between a host of OEMs
- Layered security
- Loan device in the event of a device failure
- Flexible financing options
- Technology tailored to how users want and need to work
- Flexible SLA options
- Remote management, support and cloud services offered
- Staff purchase option at end of contract**
*The intention with DaaS is to provide customers with a flexible model. We can either just supply the device with the operating system and track the device, leaving the in-house IT teams to do everything else, or we can release the IT managers from more mundane tasks to focus on the core business, with the knowledge and peace of mind that they’re not working with outdated devices and software programs. DaaS makes even more sense for organisations that don’t have internal IT departments. It is certainly not there to replace anyone, but rather to help ‘evolve’ IT’s role within a business.
**With DaaS, at the end of the fixed-term contract, customers will either be given the option to purchase the devices at a pre-determined price or we will recover the devices after first removing all the data and other info from them. Should the customer want to re-enter into a new agreement, we will bring in brand-new devices with the same set-up scenario and simply start over – again providing technology that’s tailored to how the client wants and needs to work.
DaaS customers are given the choice of a selection of devices and accessories from the major OEMs – from entry level, right through to high-end models. The devices also come standard with an operating system, complete with licensing, all done upfront.
|Apple||OTS (Off the shelf software)|
|Other Mainstream devices|
Our service includes procurement of the devices, warehousing, imaging to customer requirement, delivery, installation and configuration on site, remote monitoring and support, hardware maintenance, collection and decommissioning of the device at the end of the term. In addition to the above, the service is backed by a percentage of loaner and swap-out stock that covers accidental damages and non-systematic theft.
Frequently Asked Questions
AV / VC
Although UCC implementation and adoption differs in every organisation, the COVID-19 crisis is expected to have a lasting impact on how organisations view the ability of their employees to work from any location, on any device. For those organisations already prepared, it’s business as usual – or as close as one canget to it in times like these.
Unified Communications and Collaboration (UCC) is a solution which organisations implement to ensure that nearly all their technology works together, seamlessly and securely, for near real-time communication. UCC integrates diverse communication tools such as Voice, IP Telephony Calling, Instant Messaging, Document Sharing, Presence, Web Conferencing, Audio Conferencing and Video Conferencing, allowing employees to connect and communicate with colleagues and clients from virtually anywhere, on nearly any device, for better responsiveness and productivity.
Video conferencing solutions have gone from being a business advantage to a business necessity. Over the last few years in particular, video conferencing has evolved from standards-based rooms systems and on-premises infrastructure to include communications between multiple device platforms and cloud-based infrastructure.
- Improved productivity, as users can share and access files from a centralised location, collaborate on documents in real-time and hold audio and video conferences with multiple team members at a time.
- Empowers business agility and expansion, enabling businesses to adapt and respond to the changing requirements of their industry and have the technology in place to keep pace with their competitors.
- Allows for greater flexibility, empowering employees to work remotely and hold HD video conferencing calls, instead of meeting with clients face-to-face.
- Reduces costs, as ongoing maintenance and installations costs are eradicated.
Features of AV-VC in the UCC environment encompasses the following:
- AV-VC devices to better enable remote/work-from-home solutions. These may include devices that can be added to the DaaS package that enable enterprise-grade video and audio quality for remote meetings and collaboration (during and post COVID-19).
- UCC platforms that organisations can implement that are best suited to their size, operational needs, budget, and infrastructure. These may include new cloud-based implementations or hybrid UCC platforms that increase the lifespan of their legacy investments.
- Room-based systems to optimise video meeting quality and productivity in all room type environments. These may include huddle rooms.
- (3-4 pax), medium sized meeting rooms (4-8 pax), large meeting rooms (8-14 pax), executive boardrooms, training rooms and auditoriums.
- Cloud-based UCC platforms that allow for interoperability between different UCC platforms and legacy systems. This allows organisations to communicate outside organisations, regardless of their chosen UUC platform/strategy.